Certificates of Origin
A Certificate of Origin is required by some countries for all products or only for certain products. In many cases, you can print a statement of origin on your company letterhead. You should verify with your buyer and/or your freight forwarder to see whether a Certificate of Origin is required.
- Certificate of Origin template
- Reference the “What Every Member of the Trade Community Should Know About U.S. Rules of Origin”
covering preferential and non-preferential rules of origin, issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Effective January 10, 2018, U.S. exporters to Israel are no longer required to provide Israeli authorities a hard copy Certificate of Origin (commonly referred to as the “Green Form” or “Form A”). Instead, U.S. exporters or the producers are required to complete and sign the U.S. Origin Invoice Declaration. Click here for details
- Some countries require that Certificate of Origin be notarized, certified by local chamber of commerce and legalized by the commercial section of the consulate of the destination country. For certain Middle Eastern countries, the National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce may also provide such services.
- If you need help with any Certificates of Origin related to free trade agreements, such as NAFTA, please contact our office.
Survey of Chambers (2015)
Every few years we survey the Chambers of Commerce in our region to ask them what types of services they provide for Certificates of Origin and what they charge. The list below contains costs for Chamber members vs. non-members, and whether manual stamping of electronic verification is available. We found that there does not seem to be a geographical limitation for Chamber service areas, but we suggest to contact the Chamber directly if you have any questions. Please note that this is not a complete list, but rather an overview of the Chambers that have responded.
|Chambers of Commerce in the Southcentral PA Region|
|Name of Chamber||Phone #||Chamber Website||Cost of Certificate||Process|
|Carlisle Chamber of Commerce||717-243-4515||carlislechamber.org/||Members: Free,
|Gettysburg-Adams County Area Chamber of Commerce||717-334-8151||gettysburg-chamber.org/||Free||Stamping|
|Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce||717-264-7101||chambersburg.org/||Free||Stamping|
|Greater Reading Chamber Alliance||610-376-6766||greaterreading.org||Members: $10
|Hanover Chamber of Commerce||717-637-6130||hanoverchamber.com/||Members: Free,
|Harrisburg Regional Chamber||717-232-4099||harrisburgregionalchamber.org/||Members: $25,
|Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry||717-397-3531||lancasterchamber.com/||Members: Free,
|Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce||717-273-3727||lvchamber.org/||Members: Free,
|Manheim Chamber of Commerce||717-665-6330||manheimchamber.com/||Members: Free,
|Stamping, Business visit|
|Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry||717-255-3252||pachamber.org/||Members: $30,
|Waynesboro Chamber of Commerce||717-762-7123||waynesboro.org/||Free||Stamping|
|York County Economic Alliance||717-848-4000||ycea-pa.org/members/ecertify/||Members: $25,