The World Trade Center Harrisburg is the regional liaison for connecting businesses to the Commonwealth’s free export assistance program. Services include a network of overseas trade offices, PA sponsored trade show exhibits and trade missions as well as a small grant program which offsets costs associated with international market expansion.
PA Export Assistance Services
Overseas Trade Offices
The State of Pennsylvania has 15 overseas trade offices, covering 51 countries, that provide very customized assistance at no cost for PA companies.
Current PA Trade Offices:
• Australia & New Zealand
• Arab Gulf Region (UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Yemen)
• Central & Eastern Europe (Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
• Germany (Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland)
• Middle East Region (Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan, Turkey)
• Netherlands and Belgium
• Saudi Arabia
• Singapore (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines,Singapore, & Thailand)
• United Kingdom (Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom)
Overseas Offices’ Services:
• Market and competitive intelligence
• Identification of overseas partners, agents or distributors; pre-screened per company’s criteria.
• Regulatory information on products, tariffs, and duty rates
• Foreign company background checks to ensure legitimacy
• Logistical issues such as in-country transportation and arrangement of appointments with potential customers or distributors
• Trade show support
Trade Shows and Missions
Throughout the year, the State’s Center for Trade Development organizes PA Pavilions at major international trade shows and leads trade missions to various countries.
Global Access Program
The Global Access Program (GAP) reimburses up to $3500 of eligible expenses per company per federal fiscal year (fiscal year ends Sept 30, 2016). Please contact us for more information.
Pennsylvania International Trade Guide
The Pennsylvania International Trade Guide website was created to teach the basics of exporting to Pennsylvania companies. The site provides export tutorials, frequently asked questions, an Export Readiness Assessment, and a statewide calendar of export-related events. Click here to be directed to the website.