The Impact of Trade Report
Around $12.2 billion worth of products and services were exported from the eight counties in the Southcentral PA region during 2016. This report analyzes in detail county level data for both exports of goods and exports of services for our region’s eight counties: Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York.
- From 2003 to 2016, the Southcentral Pennsylvania region experienced an overall real export increase of 51%.
- Southcentral PA is ranked second in terms of exported manufactured goods, exporting only about $600 million less than the Southeast region and exceeding the Southwest region by over $2.0 billion.
- The Southcentral region is ranked third in terms of real exports from all combined industries.
- Exports supported 70,879 jobs in the Southcentral region in 2016.
- The Southcentral region’s exports accounted for 19% of total Pennsylvania exports in 2016.