Goods Trade and Movement of Freight in Pennsylvania
This report was written for the purpose of increasing the understanding of how goods trade and how the role of freight contributes to economic growth in metropolitan areas through domestic and international trade in 2010.
Click here to read the report!
- Pennsylvania traded a total of $1 trillion in goods in 2010, which includes both domestic and international trade between major metropolitan areas in Pennsylvania.
- For Southcentral PA, $231 billion goods were traded this year, which was 21% of the state’s total trade.
- Southcentral PA’s top domestic trading partners are Philadelphia and Lancaster.
- Southcentral PA’s top international trading partners are Canada and China.
- Agricultural products are the top trade in Southcentral PA with a total of $49 billion.