Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment Activities in Southcentral Pennsylvania
2016 FDI Data
The annual report of foreign direct investment activity is based on the most recent data of foreign owned companies compiled by Dun & Bradstreet. The report focuses in detail on the impact of Foreign Direct Investment activity on the eight counties of Southcentral Pennsylvania, as well as how our region compares to the other regions within the State. It examines county level as well as regional level data for both, number of foreign owned companies and the number of personnel employed by those foreign owned companies.
- Southcentral PA was the third highest-ranking region based on number of foreign owned companies and number of employees of foreign owned companies, behind Southeast/Philadelphia metropolitan area, and Southwest/Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- The number of employees of foreign owned companies in Southcentral PA grew from 53,423 people in 2015 to 71,519 people in 2016.
- Southcentral PA had two of the top ten counties based on number of foreign owned firms.
- Southcentral PA had three of the top ten counties based on number of employees of foreign owned firms.
- Dauphin County had 141% growth in the number of citizens employed by foreign owned companies from 2015 to 2016.