The Impact of Trade Report
Over $14.4 billion worth of products and services were exported from the eight counties in the Southcentral PA region during 2012. This report analyzes in detail county level data for both exports of goods and exports of services for our region’s eight counties: Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York.
- In 2012, our region exported over $14.4 billion dollars, specifically $11,442,120,000 in total manufactured goods and $3,002,470,000 in total services.
- These exports accounted for 20.8% of total PA exports in 2012.
- Southcentral PA experienced 54.92% export growth from 2003 to 2012, which is the greatest percentage increase when compared to other regions in the state.
- Our region is second only to the southeast region (Philadelphia) in terms of real exports of all combined industries.
- Exports supported 73,064 jobs in our region in 2012.
- The Harrisburg MSA lead the nation as the number one metro area in which exports contributed most to the post-recession growth (2009-2012) with a staggering 1259.7 percent.